The winter submission deadline is October 10th.
- Maximum 8,000 words for prose fiction. We will accept a maximum of two flash fiction pieces under 1,000 words each. You may submit a maximum of four poems per submission.
- No submissions previously published in other magazines/journals. Submissions that appear on personal blogs/social media are acceptable, however we ask that you update the work stating that it’s been published in the current issue of Déraciné.
- You may submit simultaneous submissions, but please let us know that it is a simultaneous submission. If your submission is accepted at another publication, please inform us immediately.
- Please read our “About” page before submitting work to get an idea of the literary themes that Déraciné is looking for.
- Response times may vary. Generally, we will get back to you within one to four months. However, response times may be sooner or later depending on the work and how much we receive.
- Please do not send more work until you have received a response. After you’ve received a response, you are free to send in more work.
- Work sent after the specified deadline will be considered for a future issue.
- We expect work to be fairly polished upon submission. Minor edits may be made to accepted submissions, but otherwise do not submit work that requires major revisions.
- Please DO NOT submit your work in the plain text box. Instead, attach a Word document or .pdf of your submission. Poems and flash fiction should be compiled into one Word document. We will only accept submissions as Word documents or .pdf files.
- Please attach a cover letter with your submission and include a brief bio within the cover letter.
May 10th – October 10th: Winter issue submission period
December 10th – March 10th: Summer issue submission period
SEND ALL SUBMISSIONS TO SUBMISSIONS.DERACINE@GMAIL.COM
We accept artwork submissions and consider them for the cover illustration as well as featured art within the magazine. We’re looking for art that is dark and represents themes of beauty and decay. Creativity in expressing these themes is ideal.
Submission deadline for artwork is October 10th. Artwork submitted after the deadline will be considered for future issues. Maximum two pieces of art per submission. We ask that you do not submit more work until you have received a response.
Although we prefer digital and/or traditional illustrations, photography may be considered if it fits our theme. Artwork must be provided as a .png or .jpg/.jpeg filetype.
You may only submit artwork created by you, the artist.
If you have any questions regarding submissions, please feel free to contact us.